February Investment Sales Update
March 30, 2023
- February volume totaling $25.1 billion was up nearly 34% from January sales levels, an above-average month-to-month increase.
- Retail led all asset classes with $9.1 billion in volume, thanks to STORE Capital REIT going private.
- Price adjustments are now reflected in transactional data, with month-over-month declines implying a 23.6% drop, per MSCI.
- Overall volume is down 53% compared to one year earlier, and lending standards are tightening.
- The recent volatility in the banking industry will have knock-on effects on commercial real estate.